Reduce photo size without losing any quality
- Excellent compression results
- Works with many different graphic formats
- You can preview results in real time
- Doesn't prompt you to save before closing the app
RIOT stands for Radical Image Optimization Tool, and this is precisely what it does: optimize your photos so that the file size is dramatically reduced, without skimping on image quality.
When uploading images to your online gallery or blog, it's important to ensure a proper loading speed, but it's also important to keep quality as high as possible. With RIOT you can solve these two issues in one click.
RIOT works with a wide range of graphic formats, including Photoshop's PSD, and saves optimized images to JPG, GIF and PNG. You can choose the quality level (for JPG) and the color reduction (for GIF and PNG), and check the results in real-time compared to the original photo, thanks to the program's double-pane interface.
Optimization results in RIOT are simply impressive, especially in JPG. You can reduce any photo to a fifth of its original size without any significant loss of quality. Just remember to save your changes before closing the program, because RIOT won't display any warning message or save the image automatically if you quit the app.
With RIOT you can drastically reduce image size while keeping its original quality, so that they're ready to be sent by email or published online.
- fixed a bug with Paste from clipboard. Pasted images were shifted a few pixels. fixed a bug in the DLL version with the toolbar containing rotate, resize, compress to size, etc. The toolbar should be enabled after successful image loading from the host application.
RIOT supports the following formats
JPG, BMP, GIF, JP2, PNG, TGA, TIFF, PSD, PCD, PXC, PPM, PBM, RAS, ICO, MNG, WBMP, XBM, XPM, HDR, SGI